Sunday, March 25, 2007

Oracle

Oracle's 3Q profit rises 35 percent (AP)

People walk by murals advertising the upcoming Oracle OpenWorld convention at the Moscone Center in San Francisco in this Oct. 20, 2006 file photo. Business software maker Oracle Corp. is expected to report quarterly earnings, Tuesday, March 20, 2007. (AP Photo/Marcio Jose Sanchez, file)AP - Business software maker Oracle Corp. has a tough act to follow as it tackles the biggest quarter of its fiscal year.

Oracle was already a buy a few days ago, when its divergence indicators show some movement towards the positive side.   Looking at the key stats make it a little overvalued.  Given the surge in earnings, this would balance out later.  Still, I am having second thoughts on buying Oracle.  In fact, my stock portfolio does not contain Oracle anymore, since I sold it on October 2006.  Shall I buy it again?  I think not.  If I will, I will have to limit its shares.



VALUATION MEASURES 
Market Cap (intraday):94.52B
Enterprise Value (25-Mar-07)3:93.82B
Trailing P/E (ttm, intraday):24.35
Forward P/E (fye 31-May-08) 1:16.14
PEG Ratio (5 yr expected):1.15
Price/Sales (ttm):5.96
Price/Book (mrq):6.17

technorati tags:

Blogged with Flock

No comments: